12.07.2008

#7: a baby in a fruit basket

another of your kinder creations that makes me smile every time i see it. i imagine you had some help gluing the gold rick-rack on the handle and around the basket. but the contents choice must have been yours alone. a plastic baby nestled in cotton ball bedding with plastic fruit scattered at his feet. i don't know the story behind this. if you combined two options at school - make the baby bed or make a fruit basket. or maybe you just didn't want the baby to be hungry. or maybe you just used one of everything. either way, it's charming, and whenever the apple, orange, or pear falls out, it carefully gets reglued in place. at some point over the years, we lost the banana. unless the baby ate it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another one I didn't realize I made. Oddly, I also never gave any thought to the fruit/baby Jesus combo.